Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Three-Word Wednesday entry (#2 for me)


From: http://littlenibbler.blogspot.com/

Welcome to Three Word Wednesday. Each week, I will post three (or more) words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. I'll also attempt to write something using the same words.

Leave a comment if you participate. Many fun and interesting people might visit your blog.

This week's words are:
Pound
Sunglasses
Wild

-- -- -- -- --

Okay, here goes. Top-of-the-head, free association and all that jazz stuff happenin' here: (IOW - crap-perhaps)

A pound of hair. A full pound of it! Maybe more.

It littered the floor like so much spaghetti half boiled and thrown by handfuls to splat and smash on the terracotta tiles.

That, finally, was the end to my latest fiasco. 12 years of growing that mop of hair, destroyed by one crazy incident -- a dare from my sisterhood-circle. "Let's all go PLATINUM!"

I thought they meant hair color. They meant to get and abuse a platinum credit card. I think my personal translation of the dare, and implementation, was far superior to theirs.

They still had a mountain of debts. I had all this hair. Bright white hair. So bright, I needed to wear my sunglasses to gather it all and toss it in the trash.

Tomorrow I would go get the stubble of hair left on my head colored -- Copper Penny Red. Kind of ironic, though. That's about all my sisterhood-circle friends each have in their bank accounts after making their minimum payments each month on those platinum credit cards.


(c)2007 Susan Berg All Rights Reserved (but honestly, why would anyone in their right mind (or left mind, even) want to steal that malarky?!)

9 comments:

Gay said...

Funny and clever.

Anonymous said...

Funny and too true for so many people

paisley said...

that is so cute,,, i really enjoyed it,,, i am trying to grow color out of my hair... i wish i had the gumption to just cut it all off!!!!!!

poefusion said...

I loved this story. Who hasn't gone and cut off their hair at least once in their lives? And, do I really need to go into the debt? Great fun reading this one.

Good night.
Michelle

Tumblewords: said...

What fun! I can see the hair - spaghetti like...terra cotta tiles.
Copper penny red - good phrase - sounds like an authentic color...

Carlos said...

Nice contribution. Welcome to 3WW by the way. I've only been doing it a few short months and am hooked. I passed this week though.

Anonymous said...

This is so differnt. I was shocked at first and then laughing.

TC said...

I laughed at this :) Totally off the wall tonight.

Bone said...

Welcome to 3WW, Suse! Very comical, and I like how you tied it all together in the end.